Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art journaling, my very first try.....

I have never done this before.

I really feel to be in deep water but it looks so fun to do this so I decided to have a go.
Off I went to buy some old books ( remember my habit in life, 2-3 at once) and I really found some suitable books. They have nice illustrations and pictures so I'll probably use some of them.

The book I fell in love with at once is a book (danish) describing Australia. Lovely drawings and photos inside. Accordingly to iHannas advice all my books are sewn and they do have a suitable size.

I don't quite understand.

I do not really understand what this is all about, so if anyone feel they would tell me a bit about it I would be greatful.
I think perhaps there are few rules, do what you desire are probably the main thing.
Below you can see my bargain. I paid NKR. 45.- for each book (USD 7.-) and that is real cheap for a quality book.




Break the neck of the fear.

I've seen a lot of examples of how others do this but can I? The backgrounds are my fear. Hanna Andersson (iHanna) does make such nice backgrounds and I admire her work so much. I had to reread some of her earlier posts and she had some interesting tecniques to share. I'll try some of them later on.

Strong minded I opened my box of Gesso and smeared it onto 2 pages, and waited for it to dry. My acrylics were ready and I started to paint. Inside my head I heard this woice......what to do, what to do, what to do, WHAT TO DOOOO...
I did something and... wow... it don't look bad at all.

What do you think?





One spread done.

Ok, I can see this is made by me. It's not exactly the work of a pro, but my first. I'll let myself develop for a while and we'll see then. It was fun and when I can manage to make some good backgrounds I will consentrate on the rest.




Have a nice and creative weekend everyone.

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! There are no rues to how it is done, this is your book and you set the rules! You can see my rules for me here: http://ewian.blogspot.com/2009/06/drawing-everyday.html

    EWian

    ReplyDelete
  2. EWian, thank you so much for lifting my spirit.
    I can feel how I want to continue.
    Thanks for that!!

    ReplyDelete