Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sock knitting.

I,ve seen a lot of sock knitting lately.

It seems there are a lot of people knitting socks. Several blogs are showing socks knitted toe up. I have never tried that and to be honest I really don't understand why it's done from toe up.

Right now I'm knitting socks without a heelturn. Have you ever tried that? Personally I prefer socks with a heelturn but I'm knitting for a youth in my family and he won't wear anything but MY socks without a heelturn.
His mum told me she has tried for years to make him wear knitted socks in winter but he refused. Now however, he won't use anything else than my socks.

They are really easy to knit.

You have to cast on a number of stitches dividable by three. Then knit 3 purl 3 for 3 turns. Start next turn by moving the first stitch to the previous needle. Then knit 3 purl 3 and thats the way it goes untill the decreasing of the toe.

I've made him a lot of pairs and often I use a couple of colours and have a colourshift every third round. They are really easy to make and one get a more even wear and tear since there is no signs to up and down.

For this pair I cast on 60 stitches and knit 40 rows (3 turns in each row) since this boy has quite big feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment