Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Journaling, I'm hooked.

Blogger problems

Let me say that I've had and have some problems with blogger lately. It's a known issue and they are working to fix it. I hope it will be fixed in a hurry. Amongst other things it's impossible to leave comments in certain blogs and that irritates me a whole lot.


Just something I made.

This spread has learnt me a whole lot. Left side I made a background that came out so well that I'll just have to keep it as it is.
What did I do? I did a little, had lots of luck and got some great new ideas.
The right side was at the beginning something near plain orange. I mixed my own black and stamped the circles. (that black is just so soft) Then I wanted to try my crayons and see which of them that would leave some visible colour against this background. Red/dark pinks was the best. I tried a bit collage but still felt something missing. The black "stripes" made it, and I'm pleased.

This journaling thing has been a joyable journey for me and it's fun to look back and remember the scary feelings when I first started. I had absolutely no experience with this kind of thing. I do wonder where it will take me. I'm learning new things all the way or perhaps it's more correct to say experiencing new things.
I love it when my pages are unused and I can start using all these lovely colours. That's so inspiring, just to look at all the colours make me smile.

No doubt I get a lot of inspiration from all of you too and I'm thankful for that, but I still feel it's most exiting to learn by doing and make my own experiences. Of course I have a long way to go but it doesn't bother me as long as it's so joyful. To be able to create my own unique backgrounds/expression is far more satisfying than to copy others.



On the photo below you see my background in a close up. Just to show you the layers. This was a page with several photos in it before I painted my gesso on. This time I used just a thin layer of gesso. I used white and a little brown acrylic paint over the dried gesso. On top of the acrylics I used green( a couple of shades) crayons and that's it. The originale photos are visible through the layers and give this creation a whole different kind of depht. That tells me to try some dark squares on a white page before anything else to kind of build a "body". All of you probably knew all of this before but it's interesting to me to learn it by doing.



Wish you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment