Saturday, August 27, 2011

A face in my journal.


Today I have just a face in my journal to show you.

Good morning everyone.

My 25th face was made in my journal. I so much wanted to try an idea I had. First I covered my page with squares of different papers and on top of them I have some layers of paint before I was making the face.
In the photo I can see that the image is a bit pale but in person it works well. The interesting thing about this is that I could have done a lot more with the squares. I did mark some of them and it looks like they are loose squares lying on top of the rest. With a clever use of the background colour this could have been a very interesting way of doing it. I have to do it again and see if I can get the result I was looking for.
There is nothing special with this face, I need to learn more about light and shadow. I have to try to make the shadows a bit more visible. As it is now it's just the highlights that are focused.



The left page is something I did in a hurry. I called this girl Electrica. She is made using some scraps and markers. Nothing extraordinary but she became a bit fun to look at. Tomorrow I'll show you 5 "faces" that is all about expressions.

Have a nice weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Likte «Too quick perhaps». Leeeer, og syntes formelig jeg ser hvor inspirasjonen kommer fra og hva du har tenkt.

    ReplyDelete