Sunday, August 7, 2011

Girl # 5, Very pleased and not.

Todays girl looks familiar to me.

Hello friends.
This girl looks familiar to me but I don't know who she is. It might be a former customer she reminds me of. I really feel connected to this painting even though I messed it up. There's something wrong. The photo below shows her before I messed her up. I could have tried to fix her but there's something about just going on.
Today I can see that I could have done sommething about the shadow spot under her nose and strighten out her nose a bit. I think that would have done it.



Instead I painted a new mouth and all went wrong. She looks weird. I did fix a little on her hair because of the shape of her face. My husband pointed at her right shoulder and asked me if I couldn't see it was different from the other one. I had to please him and made a wrinkle on her top as an excuse.(funny thing about my husband, he's so symmetrical.)



Although she looks weird I like her and her fragile looks. I would love to know who she really is. Perhaps I should ask Olaug, my former colleague, if she recognice her.
The girl I'll show you next is my best so far. (From my point of view)
From Monday I'll have to draw faces from another angel, I believe in variation and need it too.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Wish you all the best.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are being too hard on yourself! She looks awesome! Faces tend to take on a life of their own & she definitely has personality. Great job on the hair!

    ReplyDelete