Monday, November 28, 2011

In my mailbox.


Look what I got in my mailbox the other day.


I had the incredible luck to recieve this beautiful card in the mail some days ago. It's handmade by a 8 year old girl from Russia. Her name is Lyuba and she and her mum reads my blog from time to time. Her mum tells me that Lyuba gets so inspired from that and is dreaming of doing some of the things I'm doing. How inspiring is that for me? It warms my heart to know that I actually inspire others. Isn't that what this is all about, to inspire and get inspired. Well, at least a part of it is.
I'm so impressed by this girl, 8 years old and already familiar to embroidery, not an easy one either. I remember when I was at her age, my embroideries were not that intricate. I'm sure she will increase her creative abilities and become a free singing spirit in the future. You go Lyuba, I'm cheering on you.


Have a closer look, isn't this incredible for an 8 year old?



And read this heartmelting message. Many many thanks Lyuba, I really appreciate you doing this for me. And, keep an eye on your mailbox too. :-)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------


Just a little sneak peak of what I'm working on right now. The photo shows just a tiny part of it. The whole piece measures 70 by 70 cms. I have just started the embroidery work. It's all handsewn. So looking forward to start the painting.

Just this little report from my part of the world. What's going on in yours?

Have a creative week.

2 comments:

  1. My heart gone all soft and fuzzy! What a beautiful post and art from your Russian sisters :) Lyuba as a steady and neat hand.
    Love your lattice art too! Is it named lattice?

    :) Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treasure to find in your mailbox. She truly is talented and it is so beautiful. I'm excited for you and the feeling of knowing that you inspire others. That is truly a blessing.
    I've not been on here much, but I am really enjoying your posts and getting caught up on all of your lovely, colorful projects. :)

    ReplyDelete