Friday, January 13, 2012

Making postcards.


I'm off to a good start.


As I told you in my last post I wanted to try making paintings as postcards. I asked you, dear friends, how you thought of it and you was so cheering. Thanks alot, that made me more sure of my decision.
I have start the process of painting, but I find myself judging all the time. Why is that? It's no good doing so, I know for sure but why is it happening? I think perhaps the reason is that postcards is ment to be sent to somone and that increases the pressure. Do any of you feel like this?

I think I will try to paint 10 different images, and then pick out the best 5 of them to be printed as postcards.
Don't be surprised if I ask you to pick your favs.

Here are my two first. I'm a bit uncertain whether to use the first one, nothing wrong with the mushroom or tree trunk but the surroundings looks a bit odd. Well, the choosing is far ahead.


The next two. I'm very pleased with both of them. I couldn't help adding "Eddi" at the last one, I felt I had to add something humoristic. That suites me well.


At the reverse side I will write the Norwegian and Latin name of the mushrooms. Yesterday I researched the possebility to get my own stamps. Stamps with my photo on them. I had much fun thinking of my own handmade cards, handwritten on by me and stamped with my photo.
Me, me, me, me........................

Well, I would love to recieve a card like that from one of you.

This weekend Sandra is coming and we shall enjoy painting together. It's so much fun with Sandra, she always surprises me in one way or other. She has a good relation to handyman too, and the two of them often can agree against me if I'm too strict. I always have to laugh then, two pair of eyes looking strait at me and don't agree. It's so much joy.

Have a really nice weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, I love these cards. They're really gorgeous. I think they all look fantastic. You are so multi-talented. I've thought of making stamps too, I think it would be really fun. And yes, I know what it's like to feel doubtful when I'm doing art work for others. I think that is why the painting I am doing for a friend, is taking me so long, because I am doubting myself. I need to let go and just paint the way I would for myself and not stress over what she will think. Anyway, I think it's normal. :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete