Friday, September 7, 2012

An ad in the mailbox.

 

Today I'll show you something I made earlier this week.


Some days ago we got this ad in the mailbox. He, Arne Garborg, was a great author, born and raised in our county. His wife, Hulda Garborg, was the founder of the Bunad as we use it today. I have been thinking of doing something about old photos and this ad reminded me of that.


To give my thoughts a try I copied Huldas face and used it for my first attempt. It's so cool to see a face grow from black color only, well it could be any color of course. My first attempt is made just for fun and to see if I could enjoy working with one color only. And yes, I think I will try some more.
 

 My intention with this specefic one was to add colors to it in the end but when I saw this result (below) I couldn't do it. This one combine old and new times in a great way I think. If I added colors to it I would have ruined that clear expression. In later works I might do it though. The only thing I'll have to do is to find old photos and transform them to something similar to this. It might be fun.

When it comes to Hulda Garborg and her effort for the bunad I thought I would share a link to an inspiring blog. If you ever need color-inspiration this is the right place to visit. If you love beautiful photos it's the right place to visit too. What inspires me the most is all the new color combos.  It's all about Scandinavian folklore fashion. ENJOY!
For those of you that doesn't have a relation to bunad, this might feel like the purest fun fair, but for us that have a relation to it, it's nothing but beautiful. We do see fun things too, though.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful link to that blog. I spent far too much time on there looking at all the beautiful clothing. The embroidery is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete