Friday, February 22, 2013

In the dark.....

 

In the dark all cats are grey.

 
An old saying around here, and I'm sure you have something similar where you come from.
I found it was time to do something else than gathering patterns, why not start using them. I made these two cats. Not sure they have the best shape in the world, but I thought they were sitting with front legs......in front and acting like the rulers of the dark. Showing the rest of the world they are certainly not grey even in the dark.
 
The dark area needed something to brighten it up a bit, and I used some leaf gold for that purpose. If you have ever used leaf gold you know it's not the easiest thing to work with. In my head it was meant to be stars, here without star shape. I glued it down using matte medium and a soft dry brush to add the gold.
 
 
 
I have a friend which have her birthday soon, I'm planning this as a gift for her if she would like to have it. She does have cats but I'm not quite sure she would have some hanging on her wall.
 
What you can't see is that the twinks have been used on this one. There is a beautiful shine beneath the patterns, and then the gold. If she don't want it, I'll gladly hang it on my wall.
My photo is a bit blurry, sorry for that. In person it's not and all the patterns make it quite interesting.
 
I still have alot to learn, I'm searching for different patterns that act in a way I want them to. I want some that cover much and others that are light as air. How cool it would be to use patterns as shadowing. Think of a face shadowed using different patterns. I have seen complete faces made in writing and it's an amazing sight.
 
Enjoy your weekend!  

5 comments:

  1. Your cats are great! I love all the patterns...and that's an interesting idea about the face shading. I might try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastisk! Gleder meg til å se i levende live! kjempespent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Takk Hege, håper bare du liker den når du ser den på nært hold også.

      Delete
  3. those cats are so amazing as are the patterns that you produce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cats - and amazing detail! Love them! :)

    ReplyDelete