Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I love this time of year.

Last night I took my camera out to photograph some flowers.


This time of year we have daylight till late in the evenings. That's the best there is, if the weather is good we can stay out in the garden till late and still have light. Always when abroad we notice how short the evenings are compared to ours. It always amazes me. We kind of take it for granted that the summer evenings are long and with good natural light, but that's not how it is.

The photos below are taken at 10.30 pm with the sky as the only lightsource.




The lower one is not as good as I hoped for, but it's the light I wanted to show you.
I have not spent much time on my computer lately, and that's the way it's going to be till August. It's important to enjoy the summer while it's still here. I hope you'll have a nice summer too.

2 comments:

  1. we have great light until about 10:30 11:00 in the summer, love all the light , love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. You are lucky to have such long evenings in summer. In SA even in summer it's dark by 7.00pm - although in Cape Town it gets dark at 8.00pm. I love the re-do of your blog - haven't visited for some time but it's looking good! Enjoy your summer.

    ReplyDelete