Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I'm back!

 

It's fine to have my computer back

but why on earth do they need to change everythng I knew? Do you know the feeling, to start figuring out everything once more? Well, I'm still glad to have it back.
It shouldn't come as a surprise to you that a mandala is the first thing I want to show you. This one is a result of something I heard on the radio news. They were talking about apprentices and how to find enough apprenticeships. Many of the youths had no place to start after school.
I didn't plan to make a mandala on this theme, but it must have been influencing me after all. 
 
 
I call this one "Learning before flying"  When the painting was done, I still didn't know how it should end up. I have this habit sometimes to bring my work with me and study it while I am doing other things, often good ideas are coming while doing so.
At first I thought it looked like acorns or something like that, but then I saw what it could be.
 
 
I started my penwork and ended up with what you see below. Could you see this coming?

 
I don't know what they're doing, but I imagine they're learning before flying. It always amazes me how big the changes are when my piece is fully done, penwork and shadowing. Not only the depth, but do you see the changes in colors as well? I simply love this kind of work.

 
It's great to be back, even though I felt a bit like a newbie at first.
Have a good day everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It's good to have you back! Your mandalas are always beautiful and inspiring. I love the detail you put into them. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love your mandalas, they are mini works of art, so much work is put into them, I am glad you are back

    ReplyDelete