Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Tying and stitching.

My latest mandala.

Even though I've start making letters, I still have some mandalas to make. I wanted this one to look like it's been tied together, like as if I had three different parts loosly tied together. 
 
 
I'm not sure I achieved what I was aiming for, and there's something about the center that disturbs my eyes. One thing is the lack of shadowing, but there is something else as well, something I can't put my finger on. Instead of searching for that, I chose to "stitch" it onto the paper and call it done.
 
 
Somehow this one has the lightsource from top left, and that is unusual for me. Normally I use top right for the lightsource.
I'm enjoying making letters, and in some days I'll share some more with you. It looks like I might have found a good solution for the wide ones, not quite sure yet but it loks promising.
 
I hope you have great times too!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine anything being wrong with this one...nothing disturbs my eye. It looks beautiful and I think you achieved the look of it being tied together.

    ReplyDelete