Friday, April 18, 2014

Daily routines messed up.

It has been an odd week.

Handyman free from work and my days have not been as usual. Isn't it strange how one can't get the routine to work properly with another person around. It's not that I don't like to have him home, I just notice how things change.


Just a little sketch I did, the text says : They told me it's summer, but I don't know, it's cold and no nests here.
I have come to use my sketchbook alot more than I thought I would. I often use it for testing out things that I'm going to make larger pieces of. Next photo shows such a test.


I had made a piece with birds, but didn't like it much because the birds, kind of, just sat there. No life in the piece so to speak. Therefore I decide to make another one where the birds were "alive"  The finished piece below is called : The Angry The Brave and The Curious one. This is a much better one, and one can almost hear the noice from the birds.



I have been doing quite much arty stuff this week, even with handyman around. Much testing, failure, but new ways of using my result and so on. I'll have to show you some other time, today I finish off with a journal page done in acrylics and twinks.  It was quite a job to paint the fence, but I had to because of some very dark photos in the book.


Finally, let me tell you that I was one of the lucky winners of a free spot in Dion Dior's Watercolor Pencil class. Yayyyyy!! Starts in September, I think. She has lowered the price of this class till the end of May, so why don't you consider a spot for yourselves. Dion is a very skilled artist AND teacher. I so much look forward to this.

Thanks for stopping by, and happy Friday everyone!

I'll link this post to Friday Sketching and Paint Party Friday

18 comments:

  1. Such beautiful work Laila! You are so right about having someone around affecting how things work. I love the humour of the cold birdy too!! You did manage to accomplish quite a lot!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful work this week! I like the idea of journal pages as a tester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a lot of beautiful work this week. Congrats on winning a free spot in your course! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your win. Love your lively looking birds and your journal page. I always love the use of corrugated cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these are wonderful. Yes the dynamics of a house changes when others are in the house even if they are not "bothering" you. LOL
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laila, I really like the ABC birds! You have caught their expressions great. And the painting of them and the leaves is so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cute bird artwork! Congratulations on winning a spot in Dion's course!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quirky little first bird! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The Angry The Brave and The Curious One is such a great piece! Something about that rich blue and the green leaves gives it a quality almost like a stained glass window. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so lovely and lots of Spring inspired pieces, great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All pieces are so sweet and interesting to see the test combinations! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I must say I am crazy about birds of all kinds so I loved The Angry The Brave and The Curious one.....yes you can hear them chirping. I often think how sad it would be if we didn't wake to the sound of birdsong. It is the most wonderful sound isn't it? Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it how your birds are really interacting on your canvas. And had to laugh with your bird waiting for summer with its warm hat ;-)
    It might have been quite a job to paint the fence on that journalpage but wow, it is awesome. It really looks 3-dimensional, i thought it was a piece of cardboard you had collaged on there....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful paintings. I particularly like The Angry The Brave and The Curious one:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the birds in the leaves- they do look really alive this time- chirping at each other. I can even hear them. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lot of fun pieces here! The Angry, the brave and the Curious One is a priceless piece!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your birds the one with the hat and boots reminds me of here cold and snowy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Congratulations Laila. Xx

    ReplyDelete