Sunday, June 22, 2014

Would you care for a cuppa?

Tomorrow I'll have to go buy some art supplies.

One of our local stores is going to close the doors, and tomorrow they offer everything 80% off. I'm interested in pastel crayons, pro markers and not least drawing pads. I don't know how much they have left, but I'll have to see.


It's really sad they're closing up, because it's a very good art supply store. But, the owner died and there's no one to carry it on. Guess that's life, but sad anyway.


I drew this in my  Zeta journal. Flowers, cups and jug are done in Twinkling H2O's and the rest is flat watercolors. I was up very early one morning, some would even call it in the middle of the night, everything was quiet in the house and out. Those early hours are very good working hours for me, it's so good sitting there nothing disturbing me. I can be completely present, or my mind can fly wherever it wants. Those are treasured moments.
It's wild roses, not the ones I have in my garden though. I've used a photo as inspiration. I felt I needed something more than a sentered square, so I added the cups and jug. It's meant to be tea made from rosehips, but it's not excactly a teapot. Therefore I decided it's icetea, clever eh?
So, would you care for a cuppa?


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've enjoyed your visit.
Have a fabulous Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment