Friday, June 12, 2015

Yet another busy week

I've been working hard in class

and now I feel I'm slowly taking on board all  the new stuff. I really enjoy to test all the new in private also, so my entry for the first week in SOC 5 is a tiny piece done in Neocolors 2. Colors used are: phthalocyanine blue, dark ultramarine and light olive. Beside that I've also used black and white ink.


At a certain stage I thought I'd have to throw it in the bin, but I've learnt to follow my instincts and at the end I really love how it came out.

Otherwise in class I've made veggies, some flowers and other things as well. It really takes some time to clean the "top drawer" to make room for new learning.


I absolutely feel more confident now, and starting to get the grip of my pen and ink. The corn cobs below were fun doing, but the first one (right side) ended up not being as good as planned and I made the other one as well. They both have character and when I see them together, I think of a couple dancing a fiery tango.


 My dragon fruit, pink, pink, pink! Some weeks ago I saw a dragon fruit for the first time in my life, I didn't know what it was other than it was heavenly beautiful to look at. I bought it promptly and photographed it so that I had references to paint from.


Isn't it quite an ironi that I've been trying to paint droplets for ever so long, but never could make them good. In my fruit I tried to paint a dip, suggesting I couldn't wait to eat some, and all I can see is a pile or a droplet.

Thank you for stopping by, and all your lovely comments.

Linking to Paint Party Friday and SOC 5.

Have a good weekend all!

25 comments:

  1. Love your flowers and veggies. I know that I-want-to-bin-it feeling, so glad you kept going! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always so amazing! Keep being your inspirational self! So much beauty here!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laila! I really love what you did for the first week's SOC challenge! Your beautiful flower work of art and your veggies look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all! Great use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower and veggies are wonderful, and that dragonfruit looks so juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your fruit and veg are looking fabulous from Tracy's class. I've been away all week but time to get back and move forward!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flower and veg projects. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fantastic illustrations!! Love the SOC piece too-lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your flowers, vegs and fruit. Great work. Great us of the colors.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your flower and veggies. Sometimes we just need to keep going and it comes out as we want!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh - you made gorgeous veggies and the fruit is beautiful.. and I love ypur BLUE GREEN Flower as well Laila!

    Fabulous artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful work! I especially love your dragonfruit. Don't think I've ever seen one in real life...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flower and vegies are wonderful! Definitely know the feeling of what should go in the bin.... and trying to persevere. Glad you listened to your instincts. Well done with your droplet hee hee... they are hard to draw!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your summer of color flower is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing paintings, TFS with us at SOC.
    Love your blog, I am your new follower :) http://nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely and colorful creativity. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your reference to the two corn as"couple dancing a fiery tango" gave me a good morning chuckle! I just saw a dragon fruit at our local market last week as well. Did you eat any of it? Enjoying your progress with this class. I know several other PPF bloggers are participating as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love the bright colors. I've never seen a dragon fruit but I love your painting of it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the food art; just beautifully done, Laila. Thanks for commenting on the PPF page. I hope to enter the SOC. I didn't make it to PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's great to see your fruits and vegetables! I love them! Especially the tango dancing corn couple! It's phantastic and as well your blue and green neocolor flower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the dragon fruit,wish they tasted as good a they look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - dine billeder er virkelig smukke!
    Din stil er helt fantastisk - og meget anderledes...
    Hav en rigtig god mandag.

    ReplyDelete