Friday, March 4, 2016

An interesting week

This week I finally did something I have thought of doing for a long time.

I made myself a gelliplate. It was easy to make and it works fine.  In the photo it's covered in plastic wrap.



I have made some prints and now I just need to plan a bit before doing more of them. It's fun and very addictive. Well I guess you all know this, I'm just a bit late in trying it.


I also had a good helper, little Lucas was allowed to pick which colors to use, and he loved touching the plate, without the paint on it. It feels cold and sticky. He even wanted to stand on it to feel it's surface against his feet. Later on we had some tower building to do, as you see in the photo.


Lucas is such a good and fun boy. He has been sick this week, and he stops eating, so we had to come up with some interesting new ways to eat. He loves fruits, so I cut then in small pieces and let him have a stick (close to a toothpick) to eat with. That was what it took to make him eat, and he even asked for more.

Now, last week I had a giveaway here, and boy was I surprised to see how many people who actually had room for one more piece of art. Thank you all for participating in this fun event. I'm very happy to give these three pieces away, and I ask the winners to e-mail me or leave a comment with their mail addresses. The comment with the address  will of course not be published.

The winners are:
#1 cozydoodle and she chose  #1 - the stack of cups.

#2 Nicole Beadwright Campancella she went for #6 - sunflower and insect.

#3 EAGHL (granny annie) #9 - the face.

Now I'm off to do some washing in my kitchen, tedious work but it needs to be done. I'm linking to Paint Party Friday. Happy PPF to all of you.

26 comments:

  1. Love the prints you made with your Gelli plate, and glad you Two had such fun! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the winners!
    And awesome you made one plate... I loved making mine, and remelting a couple of times lol
    It can be so addictive, this monoprinting! ;oD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful papers. Love them and your little helpper ♥
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute lil' fella! Love your prints, specially the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a 100% digital girl I of course have no idea what a gelliplate is - but your papers look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super prints! I am addicted to my gelli plate but I have the official one-no patience or place to keep a homemade one:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers from your gelatin plate. I tried making one and it was a total flop. It tore after one or two tries at printing. Too much water, perhaps? So I bought the commercial one, which I rarely use, but it is such fun when I do use it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't believe I won.
    I too made my own gelli plate. Your prints came out perfectly. Sorry your little one is sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your papers are gorgeous ... but of course I expect nothing less from you... can't wait to see how you use them!! Adorable little guy...hope he's feeling better!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am an excited and happy winner. I have sent you my information. What a neat idea. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely prints! Good thoughts to your little one. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. remember if it melts you can always put it in the fridge again..mine melted but works great..lovely prints and lovely little helper

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fascinating to make your own gelli plate. Your prints from it look organised and detailed, I love the white daisies on the blue and the pink one next to it. Happy gelli-painting and happy PPF.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lucas is so cute, wonderful prints and congrats to the lucky winners!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Before I bought my "real" gelliplate I also made one myself and it works just fine. Althougn in the end mine started to fall apart a bit ... Your prints look great! Congrats to the winners of your giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats to the winners... they are lucky to have a little of your work in their lives... and I used to give Phants a chopstick to stab her fruit with... he looks like such a cutie with his tower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute little guy and you are very creative.
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many beautiful prints!!! And such a cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. omg you made your own gelli plate! How incredible! I love my gelli plate. I've got to get it out and play around with it again. I hope Lucas feels better soon. I hate it when my daughters get sick. Just after Christmas my daughter got really sick and didn't eat for a long time. The doctor said that its okay if they don't eat right away. The most important thing is to keep them hydrated with water and juice. I hope he feels better soon. I'm truly grateful that I won one of your precious pieces. I'm truly grateful and will cherish it for ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, such a sweet little helper! Hope Lucas gets well soon!

    Cool gelli plates and prints!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your prints looks wonderful. Was it hard to make your own gelli plate? Do they last? What a fun project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now I know what gelli plate is, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your prints! I had never heard of a gelli plate before. How interesting. Perhaps you could share how you did it? Wonderful artwork--and I'm glad your little guy is doing well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh the poor little guy, don't you feel sorry for them when they are sick. I love making my own prints as well, I am back to the blog, so make sure you stop by and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Today my sister and my sister-in-law were with me when I went to our Post Office to check my mail box. I carried out the little package from you and opened it between the two of them. I wish you could have heard the squeals of delight when we saw "the face". It is an honor to be the recipient of this wonderful prize. It will be among my treasures forever. You are amazing. Thank you sincerely.

    ReplyDelete